Office of the Vice Governor
Vicente Kulit Alcala
- To provide leadership and direction to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Quezon in the passing of resolutions and ordinances;
- To promote the making of resolutions and ordinances that is geared towards an efficient and effective administration of the province;
- To promote linkages with different sectors of the society for a more effective administration of the legislative functions;
- To support programs that promotes the enhancement of skills and capabilities of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan employees, and exercise general supervision over all employees of the legislative branch of the Provincial Government.
A progressive and responsive leadership in the legislative branch of the government in Quezon, that actively promotes the over-all development of the province and its citizenry.
Mandates & Functions
The Vice-Governor exercises and performs the following powers, duties and functions:
(1) Act as the presiding officer of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Legislative Body) and sign all warrants drawn on the provincial treasury for all expenditures appropriated for the operation of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan;
(2) Appoint all officials and employees of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, subject to civil service law, rules and regulations, except those whose manner of appointment is specifically provided in the Local Government Code;
(3) Assume the office of the governor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy (as provided for in Section 44, Book I of the Local Government Code);
(4) Exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the governor in cases of temporary vacancy (as provided for in Section 46, Book I of the Local Government Code); and
(5) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
|Address:||2nd Floor Sangguniang Panlalawigan Bldg.
Governors Mansion Compound
Lucena City 4301
|Tel. No.:||Telefax (042)-661-7969 / 042-373-3528 / 042-795-0858|