The Office of the Provincial Veterinarian under the guidance of our new Provincial Veterinarian Dr. Flomella Caguicla has recently hosted a seminar last 19 July 2013 at the Ouan's Worth Farm as a refresher course and update to the province's. Entitled "Re-Orientation on Basic Meat Inspection", the seminar aims to improve Quezon's MI's in their skills and ensure the safety of meat products for consumption.
In a nutshell, the following are the highlights of the seminar.
- The program was attended by 35 participants including Meat Inspectors of Quezon and guests.
- Dra. Marites G. Lorilla, the head of Meat Science and Technology Section/Locally Registered Meat Establishment Section of the National Meat Inspection Service (NMIS) served as the Resource Person and discussed the current issues and concerns of the meat inspection service, the functions of a Meat Inspector, and other important matters related to meat inspection.
- Dr. Dario Bonifacio Canillas, the Regional Director of NMIS, also came to answer relevant queries about the meat inspection service in the open forum section.
- A tour inside the supermarket of SM and the Lucena City Public Market was held in the afternoon to monitor/survey/compare the different wet markets, supermarkets, and meat stalls in the area.
- The program ended at 5:00 in the afternoon after the assessment of the tour was discussed with all the participants.