Province of Quezon had been recognized and awarded by the Bureau of Local Government CALABARZON for surpassing the CY 2011 Revenue Collection Targets for Real Property Taxes, Business Taxes, Fees and Charges and Economic Enterprise. The Province also got the Highest Efficiency in the Collection of Real Property Taxes and had ranked Third (3rd) in Revenues from Fees and Charges among all provinces within Region IV – A. These awards have been given last April 24, 2012 at Dasca Bldg Dasmarinas, Cavite.
Mandates & Functions
To be more specific, hereunder are some important functions and role of the Office of the Provincial Treasurer as provided in R.A. 7160 otherwise known as Local Government Code of 1991, to wit;
1. Advise the Governor, the Sanggunian and other Local Government and National Officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds, and on such other matters relative to public finance;
2. Take custody of and exercise proper management of the funds of the local government unit concerned;
3. Take charge of the disbursement of all local government funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
4. Inspect private commercial and industrial establishment within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinance;
5. Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit;
6. Exercise technical supervision over all treasury offices of component cities and municipalities;
7. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
|Address:||G/F Finance Building, Belen Drive, Capitol Compound, Brgy. 10, Lucena City|
|Tel. No.:||(042) 710-34-66 / Telefax (042) 710-31-22|