It shall be the policy of the Provincial Government of Quezon to:
(a) Preserve and protect the ecological system against acts,
which endanger the environment that may result to ecological imbalance;
(b) Provide employment opportunities to inhabitants of rural areas in order to alleviate their living conditions;
(c) Uphold that all mineral lands of the public domain and minerals belong to the State wherever they may be found, whether In public lands, or in private lands, and their disposition, exploration, development or utilization shall be limited to citizens of the Philippines, or to corporations, or associations, at least sixty per centum of the capital of which is owned by such citizens, contrary to law not withstanding;
d) Recognize and promote the rights, customs and traditions of indigenous cultural communities; and
(e) Observe the principle of sustainable development, responsible waste management, Community based development, integrated environmental management, rehabilitation and public accountability.
Our mission is to promote the province sustainable mineral resources, aware of its contribution to national economic growth pertaining to the practice of responsible mining.
Provincial Mining Regulatory Board envisions a province not only prosperous but also socially, economically and environmentally sustainable through the method of responsible mining.
Mandates & Functions
Section 24, R.A. 7076 Mandates and Creates the Provincial Mining Regulatory Board under the direct supervision and control of the Secretary.
A Provincial Mining Regulatory Board, herein called the board, which shall be the implementing agency of the department, and shall exercise the following powers and functions, subject to review by the Secretary.
- Accept application for quarry permit.
- Establish and maintain networking relation with other agencies and offices particularly that of the PMRB and the Provincial Governor whenever deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Collate, analyze and compile pertinent data such as information and studies related to small-Scale mining operations
- Recommend to the PMRB modification and/or amendment of existing legislation and procedures relative to the small-scale mining operations.
- Prepare the agenda and take/prepare the minutes in every meeting of the PMRB and submit for its consideration and approval the policies and measures which are deemed appropriate and necessary to carry out the provision of this ordinance.
- Be pro-active and as such shall print-out promotional materials to provide avenues for the conduct of promotion related to small-scale mining operation.
- To source out and tap additional funding to supplement the budgetary support for the operation of the PMRB center.
- To process and evaluate applications for issuance of small-scale mining permits.
- To recommend to the Provincial Governor the issuance of small-scale mining permit and other permits to duly qualified persons in accordance to R.A. 7942 and R.A. 7160.
- To require operators of small-scale mining to submit to its office periodic reports verified under oath in the form prescribed.
- To keep records of mining locations, leases and permits and all documents and instruments relative thereto.
- Monitor all Small Scale Mining Operations in relation to the conditions stipulated under their issued permit.
|Address:||Quezon Convention Center (left wing)
Brgy. 10 Provincial Capitol Compound
|Tel. No.:||(042) 373-60-19|