|1st District||2nd District||3rd District||4th District|
|Distance from Manila: 140 KM|
|It is located at the southern tip of Quezon province. Its unique geographical feature is the San Narciso Cover or Bay. Several rare birds and bats species can be found in the area, such as two species of the bleeding heart pigeons. Recognized as one of the cleanest and greenest town in the region.|
The municipality of San Narciso has its beginning from the stories surrounding the villages of Abuyon, Ma-ayasas, and Subbongcogon with Abuyon as its principality.
A petition was presented by the leaders of the village of Ma-ayassas on March 5, 1845 to the authorities in Manila, especially the Governor General, stating that it was their desire to have the principality transferred from Abuyon to Ma-ayasas. Their reason was that their village was centrally located between three villages, and therefore it will be easier for the people to congregate there immediately. When the leaders of Abuyon leamed of this matter, they also presented a counter petition saying it will be a mistake to transfer its principality, for the following reasons: (1) Abuyon has the necessary building to house the community center; (2) Abuyon has the required school building that is required of a principality; and (3) Abuyon has the necessary and qualified men to run the local govemment. These petitions were given due attention by the Governor General. In 1846 Governor General Narciso Claveria boarded the Steamship "Paula Regente" for Abuyon to see for him the real situation of the case. Upon reaching the place and making ocular inspection, he finally concluded that the town should be estabiish not in any of the two villages, but in the present site of what is now known as San Narciso. This change was contained in the decree was sent to the parochial priest of the principality, Rev. Fr. Francisco Mendieta San Buenaventura who was given the authority to convince the people of Abuyon, Ma-ayasas, and Sugbongcogon to transfer to the new site. Upon suggestion of the leaders of Abuyon, the name given to the new locality was San Narciso in honor of Governor General Narciso Claveria who visited that place.
As a result of the new order of the Governor General, about 60 families from Abuyon transferred to the place without protest. From Ma-ayasas about 40 families also transferred. The people of Sugbongcogon requested the Governor General that they be given the freedom to stay in San Andres because said place is much nearer than that of San Narciso. About 100 families more or less founded the new community now known as San Narciso.
The Roman Catholic Church, which now stands in town, made a great contribution to the founding of the new site. After Rev. Fr. Francisco Mendieta San Buenaventuia, there have been 18 priests who took charge of the town of San Narciso, from 1846 to 1900.
Ten years after its founding, the population rose from 100 to 6,000. Many of them were farmers; some were carpenters, fishermen, and hat weavers. Rice, corn, camotes, and also vegetables were the principal products raised. Cows, horses, and carabaos were the first domestic animals found in San Narciso. These then have become leading sources of income ever-since.
San Narciso started as a district of Mulanay under a Councilor. This situation prevailed for several years. In 1912, Pelagio Fontanilia presented petition to the authorities in Manila to make San Narciso a municipality. In the same year, the Philippine Assembly thru the Honorable Gregorio Nieva, then representative of the Second District of Tayabas heard the aforementioned petition and granted it without much ado. Thus San Narciso became a municipality on December 7, 1912, by virtue of Executive Order No. 86 of the Governor General.
The first president of the new municipality in 1913 was Pelagio Fontanilla, followed by Gaudencio Medenilla. Pio Aquino succeeded Medenilla, and Aquino was reelected twice. In 1934, Gregorio Roadilla was elected president. All These men contributed much in making the town progressive. Changes were brought by World War II, and a new set of leaders was born like Deogracias Z. Argosino, Samuel Allarey, Melecio Ramos, Cipriano Gonzales and Miguel C. Fontanilla.
Immediately after liberation, Gaudencio Medenilla assumed the Mayorship of San Narciso and got re- elected in 1951. In the election of 1955 however, a young lawyer in me person of Atty. Godofredo M. Tan was elected Municipal Mayor and was re-elected in 1959. In the short span of his administration, several community projects were introduced, namely: the construction of Sabit Causeway, Seawall, improvement of Mabilog Court, Municipal building, construction of parapels, municipal streets, more barrio schools, installation of artesian wells and many others.
In the 1963 local election, another young man Domingo Reyes a business-magnate in his own right, was elected Municipal Mayor. He did good jobs in his four years stint and maintained discipline in the police force. After four years, Mayor Reyes did not seek a second term and the local party directorate chose another promising and staunch party man in the person Aguinaldo (Payo) C. Fontanilla in the local elections of 1967. Mayor Fontanilla upon his assumption of Office in 1968 immediately set his administration machlne works. He improved the working conditions of his subordinate employees by giving yearly increase in salaries thru increased collection of taxs, fees and licenses. In 1970 the 6th class category of San Narciso became 4th class, the Municipal building was repainted, concrete fence around the building was constructed municipal streets in the poblacion were cemented and the municipal park and more Maroos Pre Fabricated Schools were constructed.
In 1971 elections, Mrs. Zosing M. Tan, wife of Congressman Godofredo Tan of the Second District of Quezon was elected Mayor of San Narciso. Unfortunately, after four months and five days in office, Mayor Tan died on May 6, 1972. Vice Mayor Aguinaldo C. Fontanilla then assumed office as municipal mayor.