|1st District||2nd District||3rd District||4th District|
|Distance from Manila: 272 KM|
|Mulanay takes pride in having Buenavista Protected Landscape, a 284 hectare natural landscape that includes an 82 hectare watershed situated at the Kanghamtik Mountain. The mountain itself offers a variety of adventure-related activities such as trekking and rock climbing, aside from the Libingan(old tomb) and cave that add wonders and mysteries to the place.|
Several years before 1700 A.D. Pedro Maxbil and Lutgarda Tolosa arrived in a plane which they called Mulanay due to the availability of abundant "Lunay" or pili wax. The newly arrived couple eloped and because of fear from the parents of the woman, they wanted to hide in a plane they believed the parents could not reach them. They wanted to go further in the Visayas but because of the rampant Moro pirates in the sea the lovers decided to stay in the place, especially then the husband found out that the soil is suited for agicultural purposes. For these reasons Pedro Maxbil and Lutgards Tolosa became the first settlers of the town known as Mulanay. After several years, many immigrants came and the people living in that community agreed to change the old name to "Mayordomo". The town of Mayordomo was about one and half kilometers away from the sea so that the people were always caught unaware by the Moro raiders. They transferred the town site near the mouth of the river beside the sea. The new town site was called Mulanay which is its name up to the present.
From the territorial jurisdiction of Mulanay came the towns of Catanauan, San Narciso and San Andres which was separated in January, 1915 and Aurora which was separated in January, 1913 and Aurora which was separated in June 1938. The original town of Mulanay consisted of six barangays namely: Barangay San Pedro, Barangay San Jose, Barangay San Francisco, Barangay de Asis, Barangay Sto. Niño and Barangay Ulila.
The first municipal govemment of the town of Mulanay was organized in 1735. The head of the town was Don Estaquio Manlangit. The first Parish Priest of the town was Fray Diego Loans and was also the first European Sacerdotal Political power of Mulanay. He organized the confradia on May 16, 1841 with 158 members.
Some of the town officials of Mulanay during the Spanish regime between 1735 to 1899 were Eustaquio Manlangit, Isidro Juan Manalig, Narciso Flores, Tomas Salvador, Csario Esolana and many others while the following were some who have been municipal presidents or Mayors: