|1st District||2nd District||3rd District||4th District|
|Distance from Manila: 160 KM|
|The origin of San Isidro Pahiyas Festival, the mountain resort and pilgrimage town(Kamay ni Hesus Healing Church) and the home of Apolinario dela Cruz, Longganisang Lucban, pansit habhab and the colorful kipings.|
The exquisite place considered suitable site for the moments of relaxation and for the momentum of livelihood found in Southern Luzon is no other than the lovely town of L U C B A N located in the Province of Quezon. This municipality is being dubbed as the "Simple of Quezon" and at the same time also bstowed the title the "Summer Capital of Quezon".
Lucban has a distance time travel is approximately from three to five hours. The picture own is subtly nestled in the lowly slope of Mount Banahaw.
Lucban is bounded by the following; on the north by the town of Luisiana, Laguna; on the east by Sampaloc, Quezon; on the south by the town of Sariaya and Tayabas, Quezon; on the west by municipality of Majayjay, Laguna.
The year 1577 marked the foundation of the town of Lucban. During this year, Spanish priest Rev. Juan de Flasencia and Diego de Iropesa commenced the propagation of Christianity in this municipality. A total of 1,600 inhabitans were converted into Christian as shown by the statistical record made by the pre-Spanish inhabitants.
LUCBAN has legendary story. Lucban derived its named from Lucban a Pomelo tree originating from three hunters from Majayjay, Laguna who came from a plain at the northeastern foot of Mt. Banahaw. They had low their way following the trail of some wild animals. While resting under the shade of verdant tree, they saw up a black bird named "uwak or crow". Believing of its bad omen, they immediately transferred to another place where the present Poblacion is now located. Resting once more under shade village leafy tree known as "Lucban or Pomelo tree", the hunters namely Marcos Tigla, Luis Gumba and Lucas Nañawa were attracted by the couple of birds singing at the top of the tree. The trio were much fascinated by the rhythmic chirps and the multi-colored birds which were known as "salaksak" or kingfisher. The superstitious hunters took the singing birds as a sign of good fortune and so they finally decided to call the place LUCBAN and make it their permanent home.
The name LUCBAN was attributed to the following possible reasons: these many Lucban trees in this place, the birds of good fortune perched on the branch of the Lucban tree where the town is named after; and because they sated their hunger and thirst with the Lucban fruit.
The people of Lucban accepted the story as true. Marcos Tigla was the first governadorcillo of the town in the year 1596. Luis Gumba succeeded him the next year after and Lucas Nañawa later took over the responsibility for a period of four years.