|1st District||2nd District||3rd District||4th District|
|Distance from Manila: 86 KM|
|San Antonio has an efficient road system, the National Road linking Tiaong, Quezon and Lipa City traverse the municipality. It is where Fil-American Garden Resort and Baybay Ilgo Resort can be found. It takes pride with its product bottled Sinturis Juice, pasteured freshly-squeezed Philippine orange mixed with sugar.|
Buliran, which is a barrio of Tiaong, is a progressive one at its western part. Its history is still unknown to many people, which were told by two aged persons by the name of Mrs. Hermogina Quizon and Mr. Venancio Ilagan. According to them this barrio was named Bulihan. When they inhabited the place, they found the place a big area and crowded with tall cogon, talahib and amorsiko grasses, wild vines and giant-like trees along the river. The first people to inhabit the place were from the western part of the place or Batangueño who witnessed the wild animals loitering around. They were also the inhabitants who cultivated the land inspite of the fear they feel when this barrio was inhabited by the outlaws headed by Kolas Igat.
This place which was the hideout of the out - laws was named to belong to "Impierno" based on the killings of the prisoners of Kolas lgat. Kolas Igat and his men frequented the municipalities of San Pablo, Tiaong, Candelaria, San Juan, Padre Garcia and those who did not obey his orders were made prisoners and sentenced to death at "Impierno". Because of the many lives seized by the outlaw leader, the place was called "Buliran".
Then under the administration of Kapitan Pedro Veneracion during the Spanish Regime, he distributed the land to the people. To allure the Batangueños, a road leading to Padre Garcia and Tiaong was opened. Every person who received a piece of land was asked to pay a tax of one peso or to donate free labor for one week in the construction of the road. As expected, the populalion grew fast and the people established residence along the road. Simeon de Torres, a barrio ruler, was among the inhabitants who have done a lot towards the attainment of peace and prosperity of the place.
Time passed until 1938 when the barrio market was established through the kindness of Mr. Valentin Umali who lent the market site. A bridge was constructed between Niing and Buliran. A school building was constructed also, so with the first Catholic Chapel. In the year 1946, General Dumas thought of making Buliran a municipality separate from Tiaong. There were many hindrances as a result of the World War II. Time goes by and the barrio progressed. The barrio lieutenants then of Niing, Buliran, Pury, Behia, Callejon and Matipunso held a meeting and resolved to bring the matter to the Municipal Council of Tiaong through the district Municipal Councilor, Juanito C. Magan. The municipal council did not approved, however, the resolution. The insistent municipal councilor, then thought of approaching the congressman of the first district of Quezon, Manuel S. Enverga. He was advised to prepare a petition and brought it to the attention of the provincial board. The parish priest Calixto Jamilla, who was among the petitioner, choose the name San Antonio afier the name of a Saint who died on June 13, 1231, because of the miracles he had shown.
At Lucena the, objections were raised. A public hearing was set at the Municipal Hall of Tiaong. The matter was fully deliberated upon, and the reasons for its creation were found satisfactory. The petition then was elevated to Executive Secretary Carlos P. Garcia.
Years passed until the president of the Philippines signed Executive Order Number 270 on October 4, 1957, creating the new municipality of San Antonio. On November 19, 1957, creating the new municipality of San Antonio. On November 19, 1957, a municipal mayor, vice-mayor and six councilmen were appointed who took their oaths of office on November 22, 1957. The first municipal council session was held on November 25, 1957. Presently it is composed of nineteen 20 barangays each headed by a barangay captain and six councilmen duly elected. It is a fourth class municipality with E-334 as is zip code. It has a total area of 5,400 hectares. Its total population is 30,023 as of 2007.